DUI Loss of License Equals Devastation in Alberta
Losing your license is a devastating loss. If you have been charged with a DUI (driving under the influence) or a drunk driving accident, your life will be interrupted and stressful for a long time. Listed are some of the many interruptions you could face on a daily basis:
- Inhibited ability to work or care for children
- A permanent criminal record
- Mandatory Treatment Programs, DUI Classes
- Termination of employment and career issues
- Immigration Status Issues
- Loss of license
- DUI car insurance increases
Impaired Driving Laws and Driving Under the Influence Charges in Alberta Drunk Driving, DWI, and DUI Laws in Alberta state:
- It is illegal to operate a motor vehicle – having the care or control over that vehicle – while one’s ability to operate that vehicle is impaired by alcohol.
- The accused is to be taken into custody on suspicion you are driving drunk and a qualified technician will take samples of the accused driver’s breath into a breathalyzer device, known as the Intoxylizer 5000C
- The charge of “over .08”, or “over 80”, when the breathalyzer sample registers over the legal limit of .08.
Charges of drunk driving, impaired driving, “over .08” (“over 80”), DUI, DWI, and refusal are complex in nature and require police officers and technicians to follow strict rules and procedures. In these matters, you need an experienced drunk driving lawyer who can navigate the system and build strong criminal defence for drunk driving charge..
When the breathalyzer test is given to determine how many milligrams of alcohol is present per 100 milliliters of blood, the roadside screening device and/or the breath machine can be wrong, therefore there are many options to explore when challenging these measurements. Since there is a reasonable amount of room for the police to make errors, your DUI lawyer will acquire the evidence needed to have the prosecutor’s evidence unacceptable and exclude it from your trial. Contact our criminal law office in Calgary today at 1-403-775-4677 to begin proceedings to challenge the evidence against you.
Greg Dunn, Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer Serving Calgary, Alberta
Facing charges of drunk driving or impaired driving can have you dealing with devastation. Contact Greg Dunn, an experienced impaired driving lawyer, to learn your options and receive the best defence you can against your drunk driving charge.